Tuesday, May 19, 2009

following DOES pay off (and other news)!

Sheesh - it's been a long time, yeah? I can't believe it has been 10 days since my last blog and I've missed you all!

With Syndel in the National American Miss Ohio State pageant (which is upcoming), I've been very busy with taking her out to get sponsorship, getting her dress and outfits together (which I'm having custom-made for her), training sessions, etc. It really never ends.

Also, we took another trip to the Zoo Friday with some good friends of ours. We spent nearly the entire day there (from 11 AM to 5 PM). It was a total blast! Syndel accidentally fed the zoo map to a goat, who then split the map in half with the other goat. Sharing isn't over-rated, even for goats, I suppose. A baby cheetah tried to eat Syndel, not once, but twice (thank goodness for high fences and zoo keepers). I also learned how to tell apart male red-crested cranes from female ones......evidently, if they're digging in their own butts, they're male (according to Syndel anyway). Overall, it was a very eventful day with lots of interesting happenings.

Here are a few pictures from our recent trip to the zoo:
Photobucket
So pretty!

Photobucket
We LOVE all the beautiful flowers around the Zoo!

Photobucket
Syndel being silly in the Children's Zoo (part of the Zoo)

Photobucket
Just MOMENTS before that goat stole Syndel's Zoo map! If only we knew why that goat was getting so snuggly with Syndel through that fence! *tee hee hee*
PS) For those that might be concerned, I went and got a zoo keeper in fear that the goat would get sick. We tried grabbing the map back and he just wasn't going to give it up. The zoo keeper said that it happens at least once a day and that the goat would be just fine. :)

Thursday was full for me also. I am President of a local network of WAHMs (FFNOW) who get together and do "quarter auctions" for fun....and to raise money for local charities (Starfire and the Norwood Service League). I'm the auctioneer, so I definitely keep busy throughout the entire event.

Anyhoo - onto the real reason that following me DOES pay off.......The winner of "The Only Bake Sale Cookbook You'll Ever Need" is a follower! AND, her comment to say, "Hey, I'm a follower" is the one that counted!
Photobucket

Congrats Rose! I've already e-mailed you, so as soon as I get your address, your book will be on it's way!

Thanks so much to everyone who entered! It was a lot of fun!

I'll be baking this week, so I'll have more goodies up for you to check out! Also, more giveaways are coming soon!!!

Enjoy!
-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Feel free to just say "Hi!" when you stop by!

Thanks for reading!